Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Connections to Play

"Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning." Fred Rogers
"Play keeps us fit physically and mentally." Stuart Brown





As a young child growing up, I can remember always going to the park to swing on the swings and ride on the merry go round. My older cousins and I would always walk to the park and we would take turns pushing each on the swings as well as on the merry go round. I always felt happy when I was outside playing with my cousins and friends.  I can remember when I was sad about hard times in my life as a child I would always play with my friends and forget about my saddness. My parents always encouraged my brother and I to go outside to play, they bought us many toys to play with.

Play today is different from the play in which I engaged in as a child. Play seems to becoming a thing of the past; children using technology such as video games, computers, and more are taken children interest in play. My hope for young children and regards to play is that parents and teachers promote and encourage play for young children. Play is important in children's cognitive and emotional development. The role of play is important throughout my life, I have found that play is very calming and relaxing even throughout my adulthood.



No comments:

Post a Comment